Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice dressing, with a nice tang. Mellows overnight.
- 1 teaspoon sugar (feel free to cut down the sugar to your tastes!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped (or use a teaspoon of dry onion)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all dressing ingredients in the blender or food processor; process until smooth and creamy.
This was EXCELLENT! It reminded us of our favorite vivialdi onion dressing & I know I'll be using this recipe often. I made a full batch with the only change being using seasoned salt. I also used the dry onions.) At first this was delightfully tangy, but it mellows after chilling into this meld of flavors. It is sweet, but a little goes a long way. The dressing was delicious served on chef's salads. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
After reading JanuaryBride's review, I tried with only 1/4 cup sugar. Perfect for me. I omitted the salt. I used shallots instead of onion. I used light mayonnaise. It's very good on fresh lettuce from my garden. Thanks Andi :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
The recipe was cut in half and I reduced the sugar to 2 tablespoons. I think next time I will reduce the sugar further to 1 1/2 tablespoons. It was delicious however with loose leaf lettuce, cucumber, carrots, green cabbage and snow peas. Thank you! Reviewed for Veg Tag/April!