Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is from Southern Living and sounds so yummy!
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 cups hot whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Stir together first 8 ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish; dot with butter, and sprinkle evenly with nutmeg.
- Place dish in a large pan; add hot water to a depth of 1 inch.
- bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares.
- Serve with lemon sauce.
- Lemon sauce:.
- Stir together water, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened.
- remove from heat, and stir in butter, zest and lemon juice.
- Serve warm or cold.