Recipe by Sharon123
These are really good, and remind me of deviled eggs! I love to slice them and put them on my salad!
Top Review by TastyKitty
The spiced vinegar works quite well with the eggs, gives them a bit of a zing. I was abit dubious about the ginger but it actually worked very well. In the UK pickled eggs dont feature in pubs much these days. You'll either find them swimming in horrible anaemic faux vinegar in huge jars on fish and chip shop counters or pickled very much like this recipe and sold at exorbitant prices in posh gourmet shops and delis. There is a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Red Beet Eggs which involves pickling both beets and eggs in the same jar which Beach Girl may enjoy :) if required Ill search for it and post it here.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 1 1⁄2 cups ginger and spice vinegar (Ginger and Spice Vinegar)
- 6 allspice berries
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Pack eggs into 1 quart widemouthed jar.
- Bring vinegar to boil in non aluminum saucepan and let boil about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to jar and ladle hot vinegar over eggs.
- Cap tightly.
- Let cool, then refrigerate at least 3 days before serving.
- Can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks.