4 hrs 15 mins
A very traditional recipe imported by our first settlers from England. Just lovely garnished with hard sauce. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift first five ingredients together; stir in fruit.
- 2Soak crumbs in milk for ten minutes.
- 3Beat eggs and sugar together until lemon-colored; add suet and soaked crumbs and stir into flour-fruit mixture.
- 4Add brandy and mix well.
- 5Pour into greased molds, cover tightly and steam 3 to 4 hours (depending on the size of molds used) OR tie in a large piece of heavy muslin, heavily buttered and floured, allowing plenty of space for expansion.
- 6Place in a large kettle of boiling water with rack in bottom to hold pudding off the bottom.
- 7Boil 3 to 4 hours, replacing water as necessary.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Plum Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.3
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.4 mg
- Sodium 831.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 86.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: