1/4 Photos of English Pimm's on the Lawn - Pimms No.1 Cup Cocktail
French Tart's Note:
The last time I had a glass of Pimm's with all the trimmings, was on the lawn at a lovely old Elizabthan Hall, on a beautiful English summer's evening......so, I named my cocktail, Pimm's on the Lawn!! Nothing beats a glass of Pimms on a summerï¿½s day. The British beverage is almost as much a tradition as the cup of tea, and the British down the gin-based drink by the gallon during the summer months. A history of Pimms: Step back to a London oyster bar in the 1840s where owner James Pimm invented the thirst-quencher. Using gin, quinine and a secret mixture of herbs, good old Pimm served up the brew as an aid to digestion, dishing it out in a small tankard and the No. 1 Cup moniker was born. After the Second World War, Pimms extended their range, using a number of other spirits as bases for new cups. Scotch lent its name to No. 2 cup, whilst No. 3 used brandy, No. 4 rum, No. 5 rye and No. 6 vodka. Of all of these, the vodka cup is the only one in production along with the original No. 1 cup, which still reigns supreme in popularity. Cheers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Half fill a large jug or tall glass with ice cubes.
- 2Take one slice of orange, lemon, apple, cucumber per person and one sprig of mint and add to them to the glass or jug. (Add strawberries if you are using them.).
- 3Pour two parts lemonade to one part Pimms over the top of the fruit, cucumber and mint, mix and serve.
- 4One part is usually 50 mls - to two parts, 100 mls of lemonade.
- 5Alternative Pimms Cocktails:.
- 6Turbo Pimms No.1.
- 7As above but five parts lemonade, two parts Pimms, one part gin.
- 8English Passion Pimms No.6.
- 9Take a shaker 2/3 full of ice and add 50ml of Pimms No.6, 25ml of Zubrowka vodka, flesh and juice of a passion fruit and a dash of sugar syrup. Shake well and strain into a tumbler full of ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint and two short straws.
- 10Maximum Voltage Pimms No.6.
- 11Take a shaker 2/3 full of ice, 50ml of Pimms No.6, 25ml of Zubrowka vodka and 25ml of Cointreau. Shake well and strain into a highball full of ice. Fill with soda water and garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Pimm's on the Lawn - Pimms No.1 Cup Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: