Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an heirloom recipe from my Aunt Clara.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cansmall English peas, drained
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar (Aunt Clara used white, I prefer rice)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and oil.
- Bring to boil and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add this mixture to other ingredients.
- Chill 24 hours before serving.
This is soooo good; very differant from most pea salads I've tried, and that's a good thing as DH normally won't eat them and have them all to myself. But he love the tang and freshness of this one even to the point of requesting the left overs for lunch. Anything that gets veggies into that carnavore is a winner with me. It was so easy and making it a day in advance made for an easy prep the next day. This will be a regular with us. Made for Spring PAC 2012