Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans English peas, well drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons pickle relish
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Place peas in a large bowl.
- Chop hard boiled eggs and add to peas along with the minced onion, pickle relish, and mayonnaise.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I grew up eating Pea Salad and it's still a favorite. I modified somewhat using onion salt instead of fresh onion (because I didn't have one) and omitting the pickle. Oh, and I doubled the boiled eggs. Simple, and simply delicious accompaniment to any meat.
This is a great one, thanks Tonkcats. When I had all the ingredients in the bowl, I discovered my last can of peas was no good (happens here). So had to substitute lima beans, it was delicious. And so easy! Even my veggie-hating hubby ate it. Will make again and again.
Excellent recipe! I added shredded cheddar cheese and a jar of pimentos for color and garlic powder for flavor.