Prep 12 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is an old hand-me-down recipe & my boys eat them as fast as they come from the pan. They can be spread with jam if you like.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Lightly beat eggs into milk.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, mixing with wire whisk.
- Cover & refrigerate over night.
- Heat a small crepe pan, brush lightly with oil.
- Add about 1/4 c batter to pan, tilt to cover the bottom-cook till top is just dry, flip gently & cook about 30 sec more.
- Remove to plate; sprinkle with sugar, squeeze fresh lemon over top & roll up.
- Repeat with remaining mix.
- Quantity will depend on pan size & thickness.
- Yield is approx 10-12.
- Can be kept warm in a 250 degree oven until time to serve.
I made these pancakes for Pancake Day (a.k.a. Shrove Tuesday). I halved the recipe and got 7 pancakes out of it. I did not make any changes to the recipe, other than using skim milk. The pancakes turned out well. Like crepes, but a bit thicker. We enjoyed them.
Very nice! I lacked lemon so I used a little vanilla extract instead. My kids like to eat pancakes during the day too so I doubled the recipe.
Lovely! I served them as crepes with fruit and cool whip. My sons LOVED them. I love the "sturdy-ness" of them when they are cooked. My fiance was the one that actually cooked them and he said they cooked up really well. He thought that the batter was perfect! Thanks for sharing!