Recipe by Iron Bloomers
This is an old hand-me-down recipe & my boys eat them as fast as they come from the pan. They can be spread with jam if you like.
Top Review by cpenner
I made these pancakes for Pancake Day (a.k.a. Shrove Tuesday). I halved the recipe and got 7 pancakes out of it. I did not make any changes to the recipe, other than using skim milk. The pancakes turned out well. Like crepes, but a bit thicker. We enjoyed them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 -2 fresh lemon
- sugar, to sprinkle on each
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Lightly beat eggs into milk.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, mixing with wire whisk.
- Cover & refrigerate over night.
- Heat a small crepe pan, brush lightly with oil.
- Add about 1/4 c batter to pan, tilt to cover the bottom-cook till top is just dry, flip gently & cook about 30 sec more.
- Remove to plate; sprinkle with sugar, squeeze fresh lemon over top & roll up.
- Repeat with remaining mix.
- Quantity will depend on pan size & thickness.
- Yield is approx 10-12.
- Can be kept warm in a 250 degree oven until time to serve.