Recipe by appliance queen
My sister came across this recipe over 20 years ago and I loved when she made it. I got the recipe from her after getting married. This is so good.
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease two 8x4-inch loaf pans, sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Heat milk and water until lukewarm.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour and remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl.
- Gradually add milk; beat at low speed just to moisten.
- Scrape rides of bowl; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- (Dough will be soft.) Spoon into pans.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool.
- Slice and toast.