1/4 Photos of English Muffins Bread Machine/Nuwave/Flavorwave Oven
3 hrs 8 mins
Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
These are light and airy just like their counter parts. When cooked in the Nuwave/Flavorwave ovens, muffins will be "puffy". I make these every week and freeze them. They are wonderful! This is a converted recipe from Dustbunni, and a recipe she found on the internet. This is what she had to say about them: When I landed on this recipe while surfing the web, I had to try it. I'm so glad it did. They are delicious. Tip I: The dough should be soft but not sticky. It took me two attempts to get that just right. Tip II: I posted the recipe as written. After, several batches, I don't press the dough into a rectangle anymore. I divide it into eight equal pieces and pat each piece into a 1/2" thick round. Then, turn each round in dish of cornmeal. . There are a lot of really good reviews on this one. I converted it to be used in the Nuwave/Flavorwave Ovens. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start the dough cycle.
- 2When the cycle is finished.
- 3Sprinkle corn meal over your work area.
- 4Use your hands to pat the dough into a 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Turn the dough so that each side gets lightly coated with cornmeal.
- 6Cut into 8 to 10 rounds.
- 7An empty large tuna can works well When you run out of dough gather up the trimmings and cut more rounds. (I use a large mouth glass).
- 8Place the rounds on a baking sheet, cover and let rise for 20- 30 minutes--until not quite double.
- 9(Nuwave/Flavorwave Directions) - Once dough as risen, place in Nuwave/Flavorwave in round pan. Set the timer for 8 min on * 8 for temp or 80 % heat *. For theses you do no want to use hi heat, as they will brown to fast and will burn.
- 10Note: they will come out "puffy". I have left in traditional cooking if you want them "flatter". Either way they come out wonderful!
- 11Normal cooking directions: in frying pan, or on low flame. Cook on Medium heat for 7 minutes on each side. This will give the flat look for the English muffins.
- 12Heat a dry cast iron skillet or griddle over a low flame.
- 13(I do spray mine with Pam).
- 14Cook the muffins about 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- 15They should be golden brown when you turn them.
- 16Split the muffins with a fork or serrated knife and serve warm.
- 17These freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave or toasted.
- 18Note: these will be "puffy" if made in the nuwave/flavorwave ovens. If you like the traditional ones, I have left the conventional cooking as well.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffins Bread Machine/Nuwave/Flavorwave Oven
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 161.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g