1 hr 30 mins
Janie Cooper's Note:
This is an adatation from a recipe I have had for years. It was originally from the Fleischmann's Yeast Cookbook. I have made it often and have finally adapted it to mixing it in a Bread Machine on the dough cycle. One pkg of dry yeast may be substututed for the 1 Tbs listed. It may not be necessary to 'proof' the yeast, but that's how I make these yummy, soft English Muffins. Toast & top with butter & jam - Perfection !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk, butter & 3 Tbs sugar in small glass bowl.
- 2Microwave for 60 seconds, til very warm.
- 3Pour into bread machine pan.
- 4In small bowl stir together yeast, tsp of sugar & 1 cup water.
- 5Let sit about 5 minutes, until foamy.
- 6Add to bread machine pan.
- 7Add flour & salt.
- 8Process on dough cycle.
- 9Remove dough & divide in half.
- 10Roll or pat out each half to 1/2" thick on board sprinkled with corn meal.
- 11Cut into 3 or 4 inch circles, I use a egg ring.
- 12Place 2" apart on ungreased cooky sheet.
- 13Cover, let rise til double, about 30 minutes.
- 14Carefully remove from sheet and place on preheated non-stick fry pan or griddle.
- 15Cook 10 - 15 minutes on each side.
- 16Cool on racks.
- 17Split in half & toast.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffins - Abm Method
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g