Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A suggested breakfast from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. Suggested you drink a glass (125ml) of skim milk with it.
- 2 eggs (50 grams each)
- 14.79 ml skim milk
- 2 whole wheat English muffins (split toasted or 4 slices gluten free wholemeal bread)
- 15 g rocket (1 cup baby leaves)
- 14.79 ml tarragon (small leaves torn)
- 20 g smoked salmon (cut into strips)
- black pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- Put the eggs and milk in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Brush a medium non-stick frying pan with the oil and heat on meadium and then add egg mixture and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, for 3 to 4 minutes or until egg is almost set and remove the pan from the heat.
- Put a muffin half on each plate top each with rocket leaves, egg, tarragon leaves and salmon and season with pepper and then add the remaining muffin halves to serve.
- Accompany the muffin with the milk, if you like.
- If you wish to lower the salt content omit the salmon and this will reduce the sodium count from 541.4 to 370.4.
This is a very pleasant breakfast sandwich. I love salmon any day, any time and this was perfect.
Yum! I served two each and it made a great summer lunch using some salmon I smoked myself. I only had dried tarragon, so used half the amount of dried mixed in with the eggs.