Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick lunch for the college student.
- 4 English muffins, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) bag pepperoni
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread each half muffin with tomato sauce.
- Add any combination from the ingredients listed, ending with the cheese on top.
- Heat in oven until the cheese melts.
My family loves these snacks. We often make them for a quick and easy lunch. I use a bottled marinara sauce rather than a plain tomato sauce. I also toast the muffins before putting on any toppings. After topping are added I put them under the broiler to melt the cheese. They are nice and crunchy this way.
We all made our own, adding less or more of whatever ingredients we wanted (I had all the recipe called for). Yummy, easy and super fast!
I still make these as an evening snack quite often. They are quick and so easy yet so tasty.