Recipe by Steve P.
A delicious olive and cheese mixture melted on English muffins. Can be frozen ahead of time for an easy make-ahead appetizer.
Top Review by Luvfood
I made these for the first time and the salt as required is way to much, the primary flavour was salt. 1/4 tsp or less would be better. Still yummy and full of flavour with the changes as noted. I used extra crispy english muffins. I would also increase the mayonnaise to 3/4 cup and curry powder to 1.5 tsp. This reminded us of this chicken casserole called Classy Chicken a little bit. I can imagine if a freshly ground curry powder is used it would be even more yummy if that is possible. We all devoured these.
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 English muffins, split in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine olives, green onions, Cheddar cheese, curry powder, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture on English muffins.
- Cut the English muffins into fourths.
- Note: If you want to freeze these, now is the time!
- Arrange the muffin pieces on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10 minutes.