Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious olive and cheese mixture melted on English muffins. Can be frozen ahead of time for an easy make-ahead appetizer.
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 English muffins, split in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine olives, green onions, Cheddar cheese, curry powder, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture on English muffins.
- Cut the English muffins into fourths.
- Note: If you want to freeze these, now is the time!
- Arrange the muffin pieces on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
I made these for the first time and the salt as required is way to much, the primary flavour was salt. 1/4 tsp or less would be better. Still yummy and full of flavour with the changes as noted. I used extra crispy english muffins. I would also increase the mayonnaise to 3/4 cup and curry powder to 1.5 tsp. This reminded us of this chicken casserole called Classy Chicken a little bit. I can imagine if a freshly ground curry powder is used it would be even more yummy if that is possible. We all devoured these.
my mother made these for New Year's Eve and they are INCREDIBLY delicious and terribly healthy, too - use vegan mayonnaise it has just the right flavor so kids like it, too
These are quick, easy and bursting with flavour! I halved everything but used the full amount of curry powder, and didn't bother to quarter them as we had them for supper. Will make regularly, I'm sure. Thanks 1Steve!