This is the next best thing to authentic English Muffins!This recipe is 40 yrs old...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure and combine 3°C flour, yeast,sugar, salt, and soda.
- 2Heat milk and water to 120 to 130 degrees.
- 3Add to dry mixture, beat well.
- 4Stir in enough of the additional flour to make a very stiff batter.
- 5Grease 2 loaf pans and sprinkle with corn meal.
- 6Spoon batter into loaf pans sprinkle tops with a little remaining corn meal.
- 7Cover and let raise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 9Remove from pans immediately and cool store in plastic container or bags for freshness.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffin Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1536.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 2616.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 300.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 48.4 g