Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the next best thing to authentic English Muffins!This recipe is 40 yrs old...
Make and share this English Muffin Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Measure and combine 3°C flour, yeast,sugar, salt, and soda.
- Heat milk and water to 120 to 130 degrees.
- Add to dry mixture, beat well.
- Stir in enough of the additional flour to make a very stiff batter.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and sprinkle with corn meal.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans sprinkle tops with a little remaining corn meal.
- Cover and let raise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool store in plastic container or bags for freshness.
This recipe produced a bread with a crisp, crunchy crust and a moist, dense interior. This bread would also be great served right out of the oven with soup, stew or chili. Thanks for the great recipe!
I have the same delicious recipe, only mine calls for 6 cups flour instead of 5 3/4. Thanks for posting this keeper!