1/1 Photo of English Muffin Casserole Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
This is a recipe I found years ago in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. My children were raised on it, I made it that often. I haven't made it for quite a while now and just came across the recipe again. Think I will make it tonight! It is really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and the yeast.
- 2In a saucepan heat the water, sugar, and salt til warm, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- 3Add to dry mixture in bowl.
- 4Beat at low speed with mixer for about 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- 5Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- 6By hand stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Shape into ball.
- 8Place in lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface.
- 9Cover; let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- 10Punch down.
- 11Cover; let rest about 10 minutes.
- 12Grease a 1 quart casserole; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 13Place dough in casserole; sprinkle top with cornmeal.
- 14Cover, let rise til double (30 to 45 minutes).
- 15Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 16Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.
- 17Remove from casserole; cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffin Casserole Bread
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g