1/4 Photos of English Muffin Bread With Variations (Microwave)
From a Fleischmann's Yeast recipe book. This is one bread that does not really taste good until it is toasted, but then it's great. Very quick and easy. I've only done the orange-nut variation, loved it. I am sure you can come up with other great variations, let everyone know!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Stir in warm milk, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Gradually stir in enough flour to make soft dough.
- 2Grease well a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches microwave-safe loaf pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Place batter in pan; sprinkle with additional cornmeal. To let rise, microwave uncovered, on MEDIUM (50% power) for 1 minute. Let rest 10 minutes. Repeat microwaving and resting 1 or 2 times, until doubled in size. (Or just cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled - obviously this will take a bit longer).
- 3To bake, microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 4 to 6 minutes or until top is no longer moist. Let stand 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; let cool on wire rack. Slice and toast to serve.
- 4Caution: Recipe developed for 650 watt microwave oven. If yours is stronger, shorten the time. You can always add time, you cannot subtract it.
- 5Whole Wheat: Substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour. Proceed as above.
- 6Cinnamon-Date: Add 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon along with baking soda; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped or snipped pitted dates, along with flour. Proceed as above.
- 7Orange-Nut: Add 1 tbsp grated orange peel along with baking soda; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped toasted blanched almonds along with flour. Proceed as above. (I actually like pecans better).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffin Bread With Variations (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g