1 hr 5 mins
This is Wonderful toasted with Butter or Ham and more Cheddar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly spray two 81/2 x 2 1/4 inch bread pans-dust with cornmeal and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In a large mixing bowl combine 3 cups of flour, green onions, yeast, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes and the baking soda.
- 4In a medium saucepan heat the milk and water until warm, but not hot.
- 5Stir into the flour mixture.
- 6Stir in the remaining flour and 1 and 1/2 cups of Cheddar cheese.
- 7Divide the dough between the two prepared pans. (the dough is sticky).
- 8Lightly coat tops with cooking spray.
- 9Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm spot until doubled-45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 10Bake in hot oven for 20 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 12Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- 13Remove and place pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 14Remove from pans and return to wire rack.
- 15Cool completely.
- 16This bread is best toasted!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffin Bread-Cheddar and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (1711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2125.0
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 3419.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 314.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 83.6 g