Delicious toasted bread for breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Let rise for 10 minutes.
- 2To yeast add 3 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and soda. Beat well for about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- 4On a floured board, knead gently.
- 5Put in either 2 well greased loaf pans which have been dusted with cornmeal. Or, put in 4-1lb coffee cans, greased and dusted with cornmeal.
- 6Cover and let raise for 45 minutes.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- 9Toast and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Muffin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 1307.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.1 g