Top Review by Dawni
Yummy easy bread. I did add an egg and 3 tbsp butter. I used the idea to boil water in the micro and then put the bread in to rise with the micro off & it rose in 45 min. Easier to make than the muffins. I tried to use the dough hook but would recommend the paddle to mix in the stand mixer. Enjoy!
- 6 cups flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- to taste cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda in a large bowl.
- Heat together milk and water until very warm (120 - 130 degrees). Add dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- spoon into 2 loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on top.
- Cover and let stand in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.