Make ahead & enjoy. From a foodie blog--Culinary in the Desert.
Make and share this English Muffin and Ham Strata recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Separate the eggs.
- Tear muffins in to bite-size pieces.
- Place half bottom of an 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Scatter ham over top. Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining muffin pieces over cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks and chives and parsley(your amount preference) to egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites to fluffy.
- Fold in egg white mixture with milk-yolks-herbs mixture.
- Pour mixture over all in pan.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Uncover and bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in center comes clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more chopped herbs, if desired,.
We enjoyed this for an easy make-ahead breakfast. Next time I would adjust the seasonings, though, as my family would have liked the flavor of some herbs (parsley, chives?) instead of the mustard flavor.
This is really good!! Made last night and put in the fridge and got up this morning and put in the oven before DH went to work. Cooked for exactly 1 hour and set up nicely. Will make again and maybe try with cheddar cheese next time for something different. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.