Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Lemon is a flavorful compliment to this traditional shortbread recipe.
Make and share this English Lemon Shortbread Strips recipe from Food.com.
- HEAT OVEN TO 350°.
- Combine butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour; beat until crumbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Press dough evenly into lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice in small bowl. Using wire whisk, mix until smooth.
- Spread thin layer of glaze over cooled shortbread; sprinkle with lemon peel.
- Let stand for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into strips.
The flavor of this shortbread is excellent. I did have a problem in getting it out of the pan. It crumbled rather badly. I think this could be easily solved by baking it on parchment on a flat baking sheet rather than in a pan. I intend to try it that way in the future. Thank you for posting a good, and very easy recipe.