Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
These I found on line at webterrace.com sounds yummy! Tweeked a bit!!!Lemon curd (before filling cookies) can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml lemon extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml pecans, finely ground
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 177.44 ml lemon juice, and zest
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 6 egg yolks
- confectioners' sugar
- Dough: Combine flour, salt and baking powder in bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg, lemon extract and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture and pecans.
- Divide dough in half; shape into disks.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll half of dough 1/8 inch thick.
- With floured 3-inch fluted round cookie cutter, cut out dough.
- Place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- With floured 1 ½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out centers from half the cookies.
- Reroll centers and trimmings.
- Repeat with other half of dough.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
- Store at room temperature or freeze.
- Micro wave method: using the ingredients called for here and cook as directed in Recipe #61278.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, rind and butter in saucepan.
- Place pan in skillet half filled with simmering water over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in yolks; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened enough to coat spoon, 5 minutes (temperature should read 160 degrees); do not boil.
- Pour into small bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate to chill, 2 hours.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on cookies with cut-out centers.
- Spread 1 tablespoon curd over each cookie without cut-out center; top with sugared cookie, pressing lightly to form sandwich.
I didn't find the dough difficult to work with (and I've been told I'm pretty hopeless with a rolling pin). I really liked the cookies and got lazy and used lemon curd from a jar so they were pretty easy to make.
How come I didn't have any? or did I :) Love you Baby Mom
I made these and they came out excellent. Maybe little turtle should check measurements. I've done it before. The curd was very lemony. The cookie tender.