1/4 Photos of English Lemon-Curd Cookies
These I found on line at webterrace.com sounds yummy! Tweeked a bit!!!Lemon curd (before filling cookies) can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1Dough: Combine flour, salt and baking powder in bowl.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- 3Beat in egg, lemon extract and vanilla until fluffy.
- 4Stir in flour mixture and pecans.
- 5Divide dough in half; shape into disks.
- 6Wrap in plastic wrap.
- 7Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 8Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 9On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll half of dough 1/8 inch thick.
- 10With floured 3-inch fluted round cookie cutter, cut out dough.
- 11Place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- 12With floured 1 ½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out centers from half the cookies.
- 13Reroll centers and trimmings.
- 14Repeat with other half of dough.
- 15Bake in 350 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 16Cool on racks.
- 17Store at room temperature or freeze.
- 19Micro wave method: using the ingredients called for here and cook as directed in Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd.
- 21Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, rind and butter in saucepan.
- 22Place pan in skillet half filled with simmering water over medium-low heat.
- 23Whisk in yolks; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened enough to coat spoon, 5 minutes (temperature should read 160 degrees); do not boil.
- 24Pour into small bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap.
- 25Refrigerate to chill, 2 hours.
- 26Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on cookies with cut-out centers.
- 27Spread 1 tablespoon curd over each cookie without cut-out center; top with sugared cookie, pressing lightly to form sandwich.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Lemon-Curd Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.2
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 93.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g