Recipe by Wilmom
This is one of the best recipes for lemon curd I've ever encountered. My husband, who has little interest in "froo-froo food" loves it served with toast or on hot biscuits (scones aren't in his repertoire)
Directions See How It's Made
- In top of double boiler melt butter.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon peel.
- Cook over simmering water for 1 hour, or till thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat. Cover with lid. Allow to cool.
- Store, covered in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.