Recipe by Wakey lass Lisa
These are great to have with a cup of tea - maybe it's because I'm British? Anyway, they're very buttery & lemony. They're refreshing in the Spring/Summer & are great to use as a base of individual cheese cakes. I make a batch in no time & by the time they've cooled they've vanished! The mixture is also great to keep in the fridge for a couple of days & it also freezes well. You could also sprinkle the top of the biscuits with sugar as soon as you take out from the oven.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 170C/gas 3.
- Cream the butter until soft & creamy.
- Beat in the sugar, until pale & fluffy.
- Add the zest of 1 un-waxed lemon.
- Add the plain flour.
- Bring together to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface & roll to around a cm thick.
- Use a crinkle biscuit/scone cutter for a more professional look
- Use a palette knife to transfer onto a baking sheet (no need to pre-grease).
- bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes, or until they are light golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled eat up & enjoy!