Recipe by plove53
My dgf and I had afternoon tea in Disney and jam tarts, YUM! So I was looking for something and found this on a website SO GOOD! I used a store pie crust (the one they sell in the diary section) *Try jams like strawberry, peach, raspberry, cherry, boysenberry, blueberry, and blackberry... WHATEVER JAM YOU LIKE. Found on www.beyondwonderful.com.
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and roll-out 1 Basic Pie Crust recipe.
- Using a 3-inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 24 shapes.
- Place one circle of pastry in each cup of the tart tin and press lightly into shape.
- Spoon a scant 1 teaspoon of jam into each tart. Do not overfill, or the jam will bubble up and burn.
- Cover the tins with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
- Remove from the freezer and immediately place them in the preheated 400°F oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until the crusts are set and pale golden.
- Remove the jam tarts from the oven and leave them in the tins for 10 minutes. (The temptation to test one at this point is great. Remember that the hot, boiling jam will burn your mouth).
- Take a knife and gently separate the jam tarts from the tin. Place on a plate and cool to room temperature. Tarts that bubble over tend to stick to the pan once cooled. If this occurs, place the tin with the stuck tarts back in the oven for a few minutes—Its remaining heat will warm the jam and make removing the tarts easier.