Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely English salad from Great Britain! The mustard, honey and mayonnaise dressing makes it delicious!
- 1 lb potato, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 lb green beans, cut
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 4 ounces cheese, in cubes (your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, soaked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cook the potatoes 10 minutes in a large pan with enough water to cover; add the beans and cook 7 minutes more.
- Remove to a large bowl.
- Add the onions, cucumber, and half of the cheese and tomatoes to the potatoes and the beans and toss the salad.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and honey and pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and mint leaves. Add a little salt and pepper if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy!
This salad was served tonight as our main dish. It was easy to make, colorful, flavorful and it's healthy, too. Most of the ingredients were either from the farmer's market, our CSA box; the mint was from the garden; used small white onions with the green tops, Bandon medium cheddar cheese from Bandon, OR. I used a fresh heirloom tomato and the dressing was thinned with a few tablespoons of buttermilk. I had a leftover potato from last night's dinner and it made it that much quicker to prepare today. Served with Delicious Steamed Whole Artichokes. Reviewed for Veg Tag/July.
This made us fly as high as kite! Just so dang-gone fresh and so good in every single bite. The only change I made was I thought I had sun-dried tomatoes, but alas, did not. So I added some really nifty fresh tomatoes, and just had ball devouring it. The dressing is a win-win, so good I could of lapped that up, however, as they say, that's a whole other story. Thanks, PAC baby! PAC 2011
I/we really loved this salad. I made as directed but added some radishes just because I had them. We had grilled some steaks and this was all I needed to round out the meal - starch & veg all in one. This is a keeper for sure! Thanks so much for posting. Made on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies - ZWT6