Recipe by Sara 76
This is another variation of the basic English Muffin recipe i found on here. My son loves these.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup sultana
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, butter, egg, salt, sugar, flour, and yeast in bread machine, in that order.
- Set to dough setting. When machine beeps, add mixed spice and sultanas.
- When dough cycle has finished, sprinkle cornmeal on your work surface, turn out dough, and press out to a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Turn, to coat both sides in cornmeal.
- With a large glass or cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds. Place rounds on a tray, cover, and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- /heat an electric fry pan to medium heat, and cook muffins until lightly browned on each side.
- Split with a knife, and toast, to serve.