Recipe by Andy Miah
I like this recipe on a Sunday morning, it makes a good vegetarian alternative to a full english breakfast. It's loosely based on one of my grandmothers recipes and should ideally be served with fresh crusty bread to soak up the mushroom and milk juices.
Top Review by Aroostook
Andy, WOW! This simple dish is soooo tasty! Snipped the first of this year's chives for this recipe and served these (as you suggested) with a loaf of freshly baked bread (Italian). Heavenly!! Thanks so much for posting. Looking forward to many more! =)
- 250 g closed cup mushrooms
- 4 fresh chives, washed and cut into half centimetre pieces
- 100 ml of whole fat milk
- 25 g butter
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in large frying pan.
- Add the seasoning and the mushrooms to the pan and fry over a medium heat until the mushrooms release their juices and begin to contract in size.
- Finally, pour in the milk along with the cut chives and reduce until half of the liquid remains.