Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Weekend Paper and was delicious
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 quarts light cream
- 1 pint cognac
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light.
- Slowly stir in cognac and rum.
- Add 1 1/2 quarts cream and about half the egg whites beating until very well combined.
- Beat remaining egg until foamy.
- Gradually add confectioner's sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until soft peaks form when beater is slowly raised.
- Gently stir egg whites and remaining cream into egg-yolk mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered until ready to serve.