My first encounter with these lovely little cakes was in Bristol, England almost 20 years ago. They were so delicious and light and different than what I had been accustomed to for dessert. But with a cup of tea, these little treaties will soon be your favorites too! I hope you will try them just once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out puff pastry on lightly floured board.
- 2Cut dough into 24, 3-inch rounds.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 4Mix in currants and spices.
- 5Place 2 tsp of mixture on each circle.
- 6Brush edges of each circle with milk to "glue" the top to the bottom.
- 7Place another round of dough on top pressing the edges firmly all around.
- 8Brush tops of each cake with milk and sprinkle on a bit of sugar.
- 9Preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake until brown and crispy (12- 15 minutes).
- 10Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- 11Makes 12 Eccles cakes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Eccles Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 102.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: