1/4 Photos of English Digestive Biscuits
English Digestive Biscuits
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 2Cut or rub in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or your fingertips.
- 3Add the sugar and enough milk to make a stiff dough.
- 4Knead this mixture on a flour surface until smooth. All this can be done almost instantly in a food processor.
- 5If you have time, return the dough to your bowl, cover and chill for an hour. This resting time will make the biscuits more tender and crisp.
- 6After the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Roll out the dough until it is a bit more than 1/8 inch thick, and cut into any desired shape. Traditional digestives are about 2 1/2 inches round.
- 8Place on greased cookie sheets, prick evenly with a fork and bake until pale gold, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Digestive Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground whole wheat flour