English Digestive Biscuits
Make and share this English Digestive Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut or rub in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and enough milk to make a stiff dough.
- Knead this mixture on a flour surface until smooth. All this can be done almost instantly in a food processor.
- If you have time, return the dough to your bowl, cover and chill for an hour. This resting time will make the biscuits more tender and crisp.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough until it is a bit more than 1/8 inch thick, and cut into any desired shape. Traditional digestives are about 2 1/2 inches round.
- Place on greased cookie sheets, prick evenly with a fork and bake until pale gold, about 15 to 20 minutes.