Recipe by English Dave
I have tried many pumpkin pies here in America and the pumpkin pie recipes I had tried seemed to be missing that special something. That being said I decided to create one of my own. . If you want people to be amazed at how good it tastes and give you that "Best ever" comment we all love to get, give this recipe a go!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups gingersnap cookies (finely crushed)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 jumbo eggs (beaten)
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix the first two ingredients together. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl one at a time adding the pumpkin puree last; beat on medium setting of electric mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust (I normally put pie plate on a baking tray, pour in 3/4 of the mix then put this in the oven then add the remaining 1/4 of the mix so that i get the pie full to the top with none spilling as I transfer it to the oven)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cocktail stick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and then refrigerate.