Prep 10 mins
Cook 504 hrs
Vodka is the perfect spirit for experimentation and handy for quick & interesting cocktails or just serve neat. My son the Mixology student shared these with me. This infusion is wonderfully refreshing in summer coolers and minimalist martini's.
- Use a large, clean glass container (at least 1.5 liter) with an air tight lid.
- Save the original Vodka bottle to strain the infused mixture into later.
- Place the cucumber in a large glass container, add the vodka and cap tightly.
- Let stand at room temperature for 3 weeks, shaking gently every couple of days if needed.
- Taste for the preferred flavour intensity. If you want it stronger, let it sit for up to another week. If you let it sit longer it will go bitter.
- Strain the infused Vodka into the original bottle.
- Cap tightly, label and refrigerate until ready to serve.