1/7 Photos of English Cottage Pie
A fine English dish with a salad, hot buttered bread and a nice red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water.
- 2Preheat oven to 375* Thinly slice onions.
- 3Heat dripping in a fry pan and fry onions until transparent.
- 4Add beef and fry until browned.
- 5Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 6Slowly add stock and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- 7Add tomatoes with juice, s& p and frozen veg.
- 8Simmer for 5 min.
- 9Spoon cooked mixture into a casserole dish and spread on the mashed spuds.
- 10Bake for 30 min.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Cottage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 338.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 39.6 g