1/1 Photo of English Coconut Tea Loaf
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is from the Hutchinson House B&B in Faribault, MN. The owner received the recipes from a British friend in the 1960's. This quick bread is awesome, and best just toasted without any jam or jelly. I like to also sprinkle some chopped pecans and some additional coconut and sugar on top before baking. Note there is no oil or butter in this recipe, it comes from the coconut, and it is a moist loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine egg, milk, vanilla, almond extract and coconut in a blender.
- 2Cover and blend for 30 seconds.
- 3In a bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- 4Pour blended mixture over the dry ingredients.
- 5Stir only to combine.
- 6Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for approximately 70 minutes.
- 8Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Coconut Tea Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2928.7
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.7 g
- Cholesterol 262.7 mg
- Sodium 2752.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 551.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 241.7 g
- Protein 59.7 g