Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is from the Hutchinson House B&B in Faribault, MN. The owner received the recipes from a British friend in the 1960's. This quick bread is awesome, and best just toasted without any jam or jelly. I like to also sprinkle some chopped pecans and some additional coconut and sugar on top before baking. Note there is no oil or butter in this recipe, it comes from the coconut, and it is a moist loaf.
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla, almond extract and coconut in a blender.
- Cover and blend for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- Pour blended mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Stir only to combine.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 70 minutes.
- Chill before serving.
Followed the ingredients exactly and it came out perfect the first time! Very delicious, was a huge hit with my coconut loving boyfriend :-) The only thing I had to modify was baking time, mine was done after 50 minutes, but that could very well be my oven...
wow, this was a HUGE hit in my house. Perfect coconut flavor and it baked up perfectly.
I also used coconut milk in the recipe. Smells great; looks great, nice consistency. Very easy recipe, makes a big loaf.