Recipe by LAURIE
This is from the Hutchinson House B&B in Faribault, MN. The owner received the recipes from a British friend in the 1960's. This quick bread is awesome, and best just toasted without any jam or jelly. I like to also sprinkle some chopped pecans and some additional coconut and sugar on top before baking. Note there is no oil or butter in this recipe, it comes from the coconut, and it is a moist loaf.
Top Review by nora_colleen
Followed the ingredients exactly and it came out perfect the first time! Very delicious, was a huge hit with my coconut loving boyfriend :-) The only thing I had to modify was baking time, mine was done after 50 minutes, but that could very well be my oven...
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla, almond extract and coconut in a blender.
- Cover and blend for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- Pour blended mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Stir only to combine.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 70 minutes.
- Chill before serving.