- 1 lb suet, chopped
- 2 lbs raisins
- 1 lb currants (get 2 boxes)
- 1 lb mixed peel
- 1⁄2 lb blanched almond
- 1 cup red cherries
- 1 cup green cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge suet and fruit with flour.
- Mix crumbs, sugar and well beaten eggs, then mix altogether thoroughly.
- Put into greased coffee cans and steam about 5 or 6 hours.
- Put 1 cup strawberry or raspberry jam in if you have any.
- Leave 2 inches down from top.
- Cover cans with foil because water drips from cover.