1 hr 20 mins
I started making this for Christmas about 15 years ago and now it is a "must have" for my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain; crumble.
- 2Add beef broth, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
- 3Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and misture comes to a boil.
- 4Add cabbage and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle bacon over cabbage and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Christmas Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 833.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g