Recipe by TlLuna
I started making this for Christmas about 15 years ago and now it is a "must have" for my family.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs red cabbage (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain; crumble.
- Add beef broth, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and misture comes to a boil.
- Add cabbage and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle bacon over cabbage and serve hot.