Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
I started making this for Christmas about 15 years ago and now it is a "must have" for my family.
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain; crumble.
- Add beef broth, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and misture comes to a boil.
- Add cabbage and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle bacon over cabbage and serve hot.