Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are very, very good cooky bars.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed and divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, flour, and dash of salt.
- Press into the bottom of a 9" square pan. This will look dry.
- Beat the eggs until foamy.
- Add the other 1/2 cup brown sugar plus the white sugar, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Spread over the layer in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 1 and 1/2" squares.
UPDATE: 4-23-10. Hubby took these in to work and everybody loved them so much, they want the recipe so I obliged. I also found if you put them in the fridge for a short while, then cut them, they stay together better. All I can say is they were lucky to get any of these... I almost kept them all for hubby and me, they were that good! 4-22-10 Boy, talk about rich! I followed exactly except I didn't have pecans, so I used walnuts. Mine crumbled quite a bit when I cut it in squares but that didn't stop me from loving this one. Made for PAC Spring 2010.