Recipe by andypandy
This recipe came from Mrs. V. Nation who resides in Lambeth ,London, England. I rec'd it in 1975 while I was there.
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 6 fluid ounces cold strained tea
- 8 ounces self rising flour
- 1 dash salt
- 4 ounces brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak fruit and tea together overnight, covered.
- Drain the fruit, and reserve liquid.
- Mix drained fruit with the beaten egg into the flour Using a little of the liquid to make a firm dropping consistency.
- (This depends on the size of egg used, but about two tbsp. of liquid is used.) Grease a one pound loaf tin and line with greased paper.
- Tin should hold 1 1/2 pints.
- Bake gas mark 4 or 350 degrees F.
- Bake about one hour, or until firm.
- Leave in the pan about 6 minutes.
- Then turn out onto wire tray to cool.