Recipe by threeovens
A traditional British sauce that is normally served with roast poultry or game.
- 2 cloves
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces fresh breadcrumbs (they should be rather large in size)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Stud onion with cloves (stick them into the outside of the onion) and place in saucepan with the bay leaf and milk.
- Bring to a boil, slowly, over medium heat; remove from heat, cover, and let flavors infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and onion.
- Add breadcrumbs, return to heat, cover, and let simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the butter and half and half; serve.