Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is a favorite of Andrew Zimmern, host of the TV show Bizarre Foods.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 6 custard cups, and place in a baking dish lined with a dish towel.
- Whisk egg yolks with the sugar until nice and light, add the flour, zest and juice, then add the milk.
- Whip the whites stiff with an electric beater or mixer, fold into milk mixture along with the salt.
- Fill cups with batter. Pour hot water into baking pan to reach the halfway mark on the sides of the cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool and serve in the cups, dusted with powdered sugar.