1/5 Photos of English Bishop
Relax and celebrate with this warming port-wine drink, made with baked spiced oranges.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the orange almost in half. Sprinkle the inside with crushed cloves.
- 2and place cinnamon stick inside.
- 3Pierce the orange with small slices to make easier placing the cloves into the orange. Bake it in the oven on low heat (300F degrees) for 30-40 minutes.
- 4Cut the baked oranges into quarters and squeeze juice into a saucepan with peels. Add 1 cup water, simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Pour in the remaining ingredients.
- 6Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes - do not boil or the flavor of the port will be spoiled.
- 7Strain and serve in warm mugs or in cordial glasses.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Bishop
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: