Relax and celebrate with this warming port-wine drink, made with baked spiced oranges.
Make and share this English Bishop recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the orange almost in half. Sprinkle the inside with crushed cloves.
- and place cinnamon stick inside.
- Pierce the orange with small slices to make easier placing the cloves into the orange. Bake it in the oven on low heat (300F degrees) for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut the baked oranges into quarters and squeeze juice into a saucepan with peels. Add 1 cup water, simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes - do not boil or the flavor of the port will be spoiled.
- Strain and serve in warm mugs or in cordial glasses.