A comforting beef stew for those cold evenings in. Traditional British dish.
Make and share this English Beef Stew and Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and chop all vegetables.
- Brown steak in a large stockpot.
- Add water to cover.
- Add all vegetables.
- Pour over gravy granules.
- Aimmer for 2 hours.
- Make dumplings by combining 2oz suet, 4oz plain flour and a little water. Separate into small balls and roll in flour. Add to top of stew half an hour before end of cooking. They are ready when well risen.
- This recipe freezes very well and is a weekly meal in our home.