Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
I don't know where I found this version of stew. I've tried many others and always go home to the tried and true. I alter veges according to what I have on hand. I think its the thyme that makes it so goooood!
- Brown beef over medium heat. Sprinkle with sugar; cook until well browned. (The sugar adds to the browning process.).
- Sprinkle with the flour and brown well.
- Add broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add thyme, salt, pepper, green peppers and garlic. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Then add the peas, green beans and potatoes. Simmer until meat and vegetables are tender.