Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Holiday Edition and the picture looks so pretty I want to save the recipe. Sounds pretty simple too so think they will be a nice to add to any dinner and nice enough for company. Prep time does not include rising time
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, warm (110 to 115)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk.
- Add shortening, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups of flour; beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour until smooth.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir batter vigorously for 25 strokes (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Tap pan to settle the batter.
- Cover and let rise until batter reaches tops of cups, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter.