1/11 Photos of English Batter Buns
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Holiday Edition and the picture looks so pretty I want to save the recipe. Sounds pretty simple too so think they will be a nice to add to any dinner and nice enough for company. Prep time does not include rising time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk.
- 2Add shortening, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups of flour; beat 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in remaining flour until smooth.
- 4Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5Stir batter vigorously for 25 strokes (dough will be slightly sticky).
- 6Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- 7Tap pan to settle the batter.
- 8Cover and let rise until batter reaches tops of cups, about 20 minutes.
- 9Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Brush with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Batter Buns
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g