Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe out of cook book called "Calling all Cooks". It is more like a cobbler/crisp type pie than the traditional apple pie, but it is oh so good. Serve it cold or hot with vanilla ice cream.
- 4 large tart apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Peel and slice apples and lay in deep dish pie plate.
- Sprinkle white sugar on top of apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of sugar.
- In separate bowl melt butter and mix with dry ingredients.
- Spoon and press this to cover apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 350°F.
This is the best apple pie I've ever had. My husband agrees, but suggests more apples for a thicker pie!
Very good! I used brown sugar on top of apples with cinnamon. (turned out a little like caramel flavored apples!) I also didn't melt the butter, made it more like a streusel topping. Loved it!! Thank you!
This was delicious and so easy. I doubled the topping and also baked in an oval 2.8 L Corningware. Served warm with vanilla ice cream, can't be beat for it's ease and taste.